Tuesday, May 8, 2007

My Aha's

I think the biggest impact that this class has had on me is the my change in philosphy of technology for education. I tended to think of it mainly as a functional tool for education, but not as something that could be used to enhance education. I think my earlier concept mainly came from completing assignments for classes and conducting general work in my job as a librarian. However, I never thought of it as a mechanism which could be used to assist students in learning concepts better. As a result, I think I will start looking for more ways to use technology to assist students in the learning process. I have in the past had a tendency to look at technology as a threat because I was afraid it was have negative consequences on my job as a librarian. I believed that if students relied too much on technology it would make my position as obsolete. As a result of taking this class, I am starting to begin not fearing technology in the field of librarianship.

I enjoyed this class because it exposed me to other technologies. I was a judge for a history fair and wondered how the students were creating these movies on their computers. After the Window Movie Maker demo, I realized their methods. As a result I did not feel to far behind the younger students.

As far as the blog is concerned. I have generally not liked writing a journal. However, when I realized that my ideas were being read by other individuals who were not affiliated with the class, I began to get more interested. I started to believe that individuals were listening to my voice and taking it seriously. As a result, I want to continue blogging in the future.

No comments: